Housing Hand Guarantor Scheme: In Partnership with CRM Students
Studying at university is an exciting time, however, the experience of finding and securing a property continues to be one of the biggest problems and financial strain for students. CRM Students is now working in a partnership with Housing Hand a specialist in Guarantor Service to provide our students the safest and most secure payment option.
There are two payment options available at CRM students - full Payment or by Instalment. If you are paying for the full year ahead, you do not need to provide us with a UK Guarantor. If you choose the Instalment Option, we will ask you to provide us with a qualified UK Guarantor, which is a common practise in the UK. This provides us with the security and knowledge that the rent will be paid in full.
Who can be a qualified UK Guarantor?
- A resident and ordinary resident of the United Kingdom being Northern Ireland, Wales, Scotland and England. Crown dependency and overseas territories do not qualify as being UK residents. A resident and ordinary resident is someone who has resided within the UK for more than three years and is recognised as a resident and/or ordinary resident for tax purposes with HMRC.
- The guarantor must have a fixed abode – Proof of address (less than 3 months old) and photo ID is required
- Must be in full time employment or able to provide evidence that the tenant can be supported by the guarantor should the tenant get into financial difficulty – Copies of the past three months payslips and/or a recent bank statement showing available funds.
Housing Hand is an International Guarantor Service who provides this service to all students who cannot provide a suitable or qualified UK guarantor. Housing Hand also specialises in dealing with international students who cannot provide a guarantor in the UK. This means the Instalment Option is now available to international students.
To apply online, please click here
For more information on eligibility and fees, please look at the FAQ's below or visit Housing Hand website www.HousingHand.co.uk. If you have any other queries you can contact Housing Hand directly by email team@, or telephone +44 (0) 207 205 2625. housinghand.co.uk
- Why do I need a Guarantor?
All students who wish to pay their rent by using an instalment plan are required to provide a qualified UK Guarantor. This provides us with the security and knowledge that the rent will be paid in full if you were to default on payment.
- What does being a Guarantor mean?
By agreeing to be a Guarantor you are signing a legal document stating that you agree to pay the rent and guarantee the behaviour of the resident if they default. Please do not sign this agreement if you do not wish to take on this responsibility.
- Can you explain more about the relationship between Housing Hand and CRM?
Housing Hand works in partnership with CRM to stand as your UK rental guarantor. CRM requires all students to have a guarantor if you are not able or willing to pay your rent in full for the year. If you choose the instalment plan option and can provide your own UK guarantor, providing they qualify, then you do not need to use Housing Hand, . If you choose the instalment plan option and cannot provide a UK guarantor, then Housing Hand will be able to provide this service for you.
- I am an International Student and do not have a UK Guarantor
Housing Hand specialises in working with international students and will be able to act as your UK Guarantor. For any further queries you can contact Housing Hand directly: www.housinghand.co.uk Tel: 0207 205 2625 Email: team@ housinghand.co.uk
- How do I apply for The Housing Hand Guarantor Service?
You can apply for the guarantor service online at www.housinghand.co.uk
- How much does the service cost with Housing Hand?
Housing Hand charges a one off fee of 80% of a month's rent. Up to 45 per cent of this is returned to you at the end of your tenancy (first year 15%, second year 30% and third year 45%), subject to the length of your tenancy, terms and conditions apply.
- Am I eligible to apply for The Service with Housing Hand?
Housing Hand require that you provide the following documentation to be eligible for The Guarantor Service:
For International Students:
A copy of your passport and university acceptance letter (or student card). You will also need a co-signer who will sign the agreement with Housing Hand. This is normally a parent or guardian. The co-signer will need to provide a copy of their passport and proof of address.
For UK Students:
A copy of your passport and university acceptance letter (or student card). You will also need a co-signer who will sign the agreement with Housing Hand. This is normally a parent or guardian. The co-signer will need to provide a copy of their ID and proof of address.