Spacious common room with flat-screen TV.
Amazing location - walking distance from university!
Register to receive email updates about room availability and special offers.
Prices & Booking
Living at Purbeck House
Outstanding accommodation in the heart of Cambridge city. Surrounded by shops, bars, restaurants and cafes, there is everything you could need right on your doorstep.
- Spacious common room with flat-screen TV
- Studios and apartments with en-suite and kitchen
- On-site laundry
- On-site maintenance
- Near the Cambridge station (10 minutes walking distance)
- Utilities are not included in rent
Local pubs, clubs, restaurants and more...
At Purbeck House you could not be better placed to spend your days as a student. There are many great restaurants, pubs and local interests on the door step. We've asked our students to share their favourite local hot spots and lets hear what they have to say:
- The Sea Tree - Restaurant (13-14 The Broadway, Mill Road, Cambridge, CB1 3AH)
"This "alternative fish bar" has picked up a raft of awards since it opened in 2008. Sustainability and, to a degree, local sourcing are the order of the day. Fish and chips, from £5.55. "
- Nusha - Restaurant (Cambridge Leisure Park, Clifton Way, Cambridge, CB1 7DY)
"Night club situated in Leisure Park, very popular. Every day between 7-9pm. “2-4-1 Happy Hour” applies to some cocktails. Available with student ID. Beer from £2.80 per bottle Wine from £12.00 per bottle."
- The Orchard Tea Garden - Restaurant (The Orchard Tea Garden, 45 - 47 Mill way, Grantchester, Cambridge CB3 9ND)
"This is a special tea room located just outside the city of Cambridge in Granchester. First opened in 1897, has become a popular retreat for students and tourists alike. It was originally formed after a group of students asked the landlady for permission to take tea in the Orchard rather than on the front lawn as was tradition."
- Sainsbury's - Supermarket (Cambridge Leisure Park, Clifton Way, Cambridge, CB1 7DY )
"Supermarket around the corner, in Leisure Park. Very close and reasonable priced."
- Cambridge University Botanic Garden (University Botanic Garden, 1 Brookside, Cambridge, CB2 1JE)
"Cinema, fitness club, bowling – around the corner, only 5 minutes walk, very convenient."
- Leisure Park (Clifton Way, Cambridge, CB1 7DY )
"A hop, skip & Jump from The Gallery Apartments, This Cineworld cinema is the tallest cinema in the world & is the busiest by customer base! With 18 screens there is always something showing to suit all! Fantastically located directly across from our site, making it an ideal location for any student!
- Can I pay my booking fee over the phone?
If you're having problems booking online please contact the accommodation team and we can try to assist you, if needed they’ll take your payment over the phone, securing your reservation.
- Do I need to have a UK-based guarantor?
You only need to provide a UK-based guarantor if you wish to pay your rent in three instalments. You do not need to provide a guarantor if you’re paying the full annual rent in advance.
- Can I choose who I live with?
We are more than happy to accommodate groups as well as individuals. Where you’re not booking in a group, we understand your flat mates will be key to your experience so when you book as an individual, we will ask you a series of questions to help us to match you with the perfect flatmates.
- Can I live with my friends?
Yes, you can share a flat, you need to let us know who you’re planning to live with. Provided we have the availability at the time of your booking, there shouldn’t be a problem. If you're looking to share a studio with a friend or partner you will have to book together. Please contact the site for further information on whether they allow dual occupancy as not all of our sites allow this. Some of our sites only allow dual occupancy in larger rooms.
- Do I have to pay council tax?
Students do not have to pay Council Tax, but you must inform the council that your are a student & apply for exemption as this does not automatically happen. It is the responsibility of every student to apply for exemption, your University/College or accommodation provider cannot do this for you, though we can help you!
- Is there an age limit for booking with CRM Students?
We only accept bookings if you are over 18. This is due to the legally binding tenancy agreement that every tenant is required to sign when living at with CRM Students. We also can only accept people in full time education.