Prices & Booking
About the accommodation
- Fitted Kitchen
- On-site Laundry
- On-site Maintenance
- Lounge/Dining Area in Kitchen
- Flat-screen TV with TV license included in the cluster kitchen
Please note, car parking is not provided on site. We remind our students that parking is not permited by Loughborough council.
At The Cube we welcome freshers with open arms.
Our team have all been a fresher and recognise how daunting being away from friends and family can be.
Well rest assured that at The Cube, we are here to help you through those first few weeks. We are full of information; the quickest way to a lecture or the best priced coffee, just ask our team and we will be able to find the answer for you.
Why not contact us today and see how we can help you even before you arrive at The Cube.
- Do you have parking at The Cube?
No, Charnwood Borough Council does not allow parking for students in Loughborough.
- Can I move in before the start of my tenancy?
No, unfortunately The Cube does not allow this.
- If I re-book can I leave my belongings in my room over the summer?
Yes, if you sign a cleaning waiver.
- Can I bring my bike?
Yes, we have a storage facility.
- Can I have my room cleaned?
Yes for an additional cost, please ask at reception.
- Can I have wireless internet?
Yes through purchasing a wireless access point. This is available through ASK4, your provider, they will assist you with the setup.
- Can I upgrade my internet package?
Yes, this can be upgraded by ASK4 to 30, 60 or 100 MB with a one-off fee.
- Do I have to pay council tax?
No, not if you declare you're a student by filling in a council tax exemption form. You can get this from the accommodation office in the Rutland building.
- Do I need a TV licence?
If you're planning to use a TV in your bedroom then yes you do.
- How do I get a bus pass?
These can be signed out ten journeys at a time from the accommodation office.
- Can I move room?
Providing there is an empty room available, this can be arranged for a £75 administration fee. This usually takes around two weeks to organise.
- How much is the booking fee and what happens to it?
There is a £250 booking fee. When your tenancy commences, the booking fee will convert into a refundable damage deposit. All deposits are registered with TDS which is a government accredited Tenancy Deposit Protection Scheme provider. At the end of your tenancy a final inspection of your room will be carried out prior to your move out and if any deductions are required they will be discussed with you at this point. Assuming the room and its belongings are in the same condition as when you moved and you have provided your bank details within our Portal you will get your deposit back within 10 working days. If you cancel your room booking within 14 days of your Accommodation Offer then you will be entitled to a full refund. After 14 days, the booking fee is non-refundable. Please refer to our cancellation policy for full terms and conditions.
CRM have arranged some contents insurance for you with Endsleigh, the No.1 student insurance provider. This cover does not protect laptops and phones or other items when you are outside your room. It is important for you to check this cover, so please follow the steps below to ensure you fully understand the protection provided.
Enter CRM in the Accommodation Provider search at endsleigh.co.uk/reviewcover to check your policy details.
Visit the review cover link to:
Check what is covered.
- Check key exclusions and limitations.
- Check your policy excess.
- Check how to make a claim.
- Extend and personalise your cover to protect laptops, phones and other valuables.
It is important to find out exactly what you are covered for, as you may find that the contents cover is not sufficient and you need to extend it to protect all of your possessions both inside and outside of your room.
About the area
The Cube is set in the ideal location, just a short distance from the main university campus. This is a great location for all students. There are plenty of shops, bars and cafe's nearby too so you will never have to go too far. There is a bus stop right outside The Cube with buses every 15 minutes to the campus and the town centre.
Local pubs, clubs, restaurants and more...
At The Cube you could not be better placed to spend your days as a student. There are many great bars, pubs and local interests on the door step. We've asked our students to share their favourite local hot spots and lets hear what they have to say:
- Revolutions Bar - Bar/Club (13-14 Baxter Gate, Loughborough, Leicestershire LE11 1TG)
"A great place for a night out!"
- Moomba - Restaurant (28 The Rushes, Loughborough LE11 5BE)
"Great restaurant offering modern food influenced by the diverse cuisines of Australia."
- The Basin - Restaurant (25 Derby Rd, Loughborough, Leicestershire LE11 5BX)
"Situated on the riverside in the heart of Loughborough, diners can sample Chinese, Thai and Japanese cuisine – as well as a swanky cocktail bar."
- Sainsbury's - Supermarket (Greenclose Ln, Loughborough, Leicestershire LE11 5AS)
"Perfect for all your basic & everyday essentials."
- Holywell Fitness Centre (GYM) – Loughborough Univeristy Holywell Park. Tel 01509 228 800
“The closest gym to The Cube”
- Odeon Cinema - Cinema (7 Cattle Market, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 3DL Tel: 0871 224 4007)
- Loughborough Students Union - (Union Building, Ashby Rd, Loughborough LE11 3TT)
"Shops, clubs & restaurants - everything you need!"