Prices & Booking
About the accommodation
Choose to live at Ropemaker Court and you will be living in some of Manchester's best student accommodation. Available in a mixture of room types, Ropemaker Court offers something for everyone. With brand new on-site facilities Ropemarker Court makes the perfect home for all students studying in Manchester. The facilities include:
- Brand new beautifully designed en suite rooms with your own shower room
- Unrivalled communal space with vending machines and table football and games machines
- On-site study room
- FREE Wi-Fi and 50Mb broadband
- FREE flat screen TV and TV license in all cluster kitchens
- FREE contents insurance
- 24 hour on-site management and maintenance
- 24 hour CCRV, security staff and secure electronic door systems
- On-site laundry facilities
- Can I pay my booking fee over the phone?
If you're having problems booking online please contact the accommodation team and we can try and assist you, if needed they’ll take your payment over the phone, securing your reservation.
- Are all bills included?
Yes, utility bills are included but there is a fair usage policy. Internet is also included.
- Can I choose who I live with?
We are more than happy to accommodate groups as well as individuals. Where you’re not booking in a group, we understand your flat mates will be key to your experience so when you book as an individual, we will ask you a series of questions to help us to match you with the perfect flatmates.
- Do I have to pay council tax?
Students do not have to pay Council Tax, but you must inform the council that your are a student & apply for exemption as this does not automatically happen. It is the responsibility of every student to apply for exemption, your University/College or accommodation provider cannot do this for you, though we can help you!
- Is there an age limit for booking with CRM Students?
We only accept bookings if you are over 18. This is due to the legally binding tenancy agreement that every tenant is required to sign when living at with CRM Students. We also can only accept people in full time education.
CRM have arranged some contents insurance for you with Endsleigh, the No.1 student insurance provider. This cover does not protect laptops and phones or other items when you are outside your room. It is important for you to check this cover, so please follow the steps below to ensure you fully understand the protection provided.
Enter CRM in the Accommodation Provider search at endsleigh.co.uk/reviewcover to check your policy details.
Visit the review cover link to:
Check what is covered.
- Check key exclusions and limitations.
- Check your policy excess.
- Check how to make a claim.
- Extend and personalise your cover to protect laptops, phones and other valuables.
It is important to find out exactly what you are covered for, as you may find that the contents cover is not sufficient and you need to extend it to protect all of your possessions both inside and outside of your room.
At Ropemaker Court we welcome freshers with open arms.
Our team have all been a fresher and recognise how daunting being away from friends and family can be.
Well rest assured that at Ropemaker Court, we are here to help you through those first few weeks. We are full of information; the quickest way to a lecture or the best priced coffee, just ask our team and we will be able to find the answer for you.
Why not contact us today and see how we can help you even before you arrive at Ropemaker Court.
Local Hot Spots
At Ropemaker Court, you could not be better placed to enjoy all Manchester has to offer. Literally at the start of the famous Curry Mile you can challenge yourself to a different restaurant a night. Also, you can walk to Fallowfield where bars a plenty await you, each with their own offer night, so pick a night and follow the crowd.
Here are a few of our students' favourite local spots - see if you agree...
- Almost Famous - Restaurant - (Unit 2, Great Northern Warehouse, Peter Street, M3 4EJ)
"With a cult following of burger lovers, this is one of the busiest restaurants in Manchester. Its no-book policy can mean up to a 2hour wait for a table, but the crowds speak for themselves. The best burgers in Manchester."
- Teacup Kitchen - Tea Room - (55 Thomas Street, Manchester, M4 1NA)
"For fans of a good cup of tea and a slice of homemade cake, it doesn’t get much better than teacup kitchen. The homely atmosphere and friendly staff make it a lovely venue for an afternoon out with friends or family."
- The Deaf Institute - Bar/Restaurant - (135 Grosvenor Street, Manchester, M1 7HE)
"For something a little different, try the Deaf Institute. Serving excellent cocktails, a wide selection of beers, and homemade food, not only is this a good place to eat and drink, it’s also a great music venue. With regular open mic nights, quiz nights, club nights, Spoti-Fridays, and a music hall for intimate gigs, there are plenty of reasons to visit."
- Blackdog Ballroom - Bar/Restaurant - (11 – 13 New Wakefield Street, Manchester, M1 5NP)
"Diner-style food and an extensive drink and cocktail list make Black Dog Ballroom a popular spot. 50% off food on a Monday suits a student budget and pool tables are available all day, perfect for a study break."
- Afflecks Palace - Shopping - (52 Church Street, Nothern Quarter, Manchester, M4 1PW)
"A little different than the generic high street shops, Afflecks Palace is a treasure trove of alternative shops, selling everything from craft supplies to vintage games, and clothing to furniture. Hours can be wasted investigating the shops hidden away in Afflecks Palace."