Guarantor services available to all students. For more information, click here.
Prices & Booking
About the accommodation
- On-site parking
- Fitted kitchens
- Including TV, built in oven, fridge/freezer, microwave, waste bin, hoover and ironing board
- Laundry room
- Wash and dry your clothes in the handy on-site laundry facility
- Internal Lift
- Ideal after a big food shop!
- Lounge area in en-suite room communal kitchens
- Secure cycle storage
- Safe and sound with CCTV
- Free 50Mb internet & Wi-Fi throughout
- Whether work or play, never lose that special connection
- Common room with TV and vending and pool table
- Take a quick break from studying and challenge your friends to a game of pool.
- Friendly accommodation staff
- For all your questions and queries, why not grab a cup of tea with the on-site team
- Fun social events
- There’s plenty of great activities to take part in throughout the year
- How long can I stay at Leighton Hall?
For the duration of your studies. You can rebook each year with us and remain in the same room if you wish.
- Can I pay my booking fee over the phone?
If you're having problems booking online please contact the accommodation team and we can try and assist you, if needed they’ll take your payment over the phone, securing your reservation.
- Can I choose who I live with?
We are more than happy to accommodate groups as well as individuals. Where you’re not booking in a group, we understand your flat mates will be key to your experience so when you book as an individual, we will ask you a series of questions to help us to match you with the perfect flatmates.
- Can I live with my friends?
Yes you can share a flat, you need to let us know who you’re planning to live with. Provided we have the availability at the time of your booking, there shouldn’t be a problem. If you're looking to share a studio with a friend or partner you will have to book together. Please contact the site for further information on whether they allow dual occupancy as not all of our sites allow this.
- Do I need to pay council tax?
Students do not have to pay Council Tax, but you must inform the council that your are a student & apply for exemption as this does not automatically happen. It is the responsibility of every student to apply for exemption, your University/College or accommodation provider cannot do this for you, though we can help you!
- Is the booking fee refundable?
No this fee covers the cost of administering your application and your basic broadband connection once you take up residence.
- Will I need a TV licence?
If you have booked to stay in a cluster flat you will need one for your bedroom. We have installed a flat screen TV in your communal area which we pay the licence for. If you are living in a studio then you do not need a license at all as the TV we provide will be covered by our TV licence.
- Do I bring my own bedding?
Yes. We do not provide any bedding or towels. You can arrange a bedding pack to arrive in your room using our providers UniKitOut.
- Can I get parcels delivered?
All parcels are delivered to the Accommodation Office. You will be notified of any deliveries and can collect during office hours
- Can I smoke in my room?
No. all our rooms are non smoking. There is a designated smoking area outside the building.
- What should I do if I have a question? Is there someone on site 24 hours a day?
Our normal working hours are 09.00-17.30, Monday to Friday. When the office is open we would be more than happy to answer any questions or address any concerns you may have. Outside of these hours we have resident student ambassadors and an Out-of-Hours phone service which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Do you provide a cleaning service?
You are responsible for your own cleaning. We do provide a cleaner every 2 weeks who will give the communal areas and shared kitchens a light cleaning.
- Do I have to leave during the holidays?
You are welcome to stay for the full length of your contract and do not have to leave during the holidays.
- Can members of staff enter my room?
A member of staff will only enter your room without notice if it is deemed an emergency. 24 hours notice will be provided should entry be required for any maintenance or other issues. You will not be notified of the bi-weekly cleaning of your kitchen.
- Am I allowed visitors?
Your room is yours, and guests are welcome. Overnight visitors are allowed to stay for a maximum of 3 days and will need to be registered with the Accommodation Office.
- Who can be my guarantor?
Any UK resident over the age of 18. More information can be found on our Guarantor Service page.
CRM have arranged some contents insurance for you with Endsleigh, the No.1 student insurance provider. This cover does not protect laptops and phones or other items when you are outside your room. It is important for you to check this cover, so please follow the steps below to ensure you fully understand the protection provided.
Enter CRM in the Accommodation Provider search at endsleigh.co.uk/reviewcover to check your policy details.
Visit the review cover link to:
Check what is covered.
- Check key exclusions and limitations.
- Check your policy excess.
- Check how to make a claim.
- Extend and personalise your cover to protect laptops, phones and other valuables.
It is important to find out exactly what you are covered for, as you may find that the contents cover is not sufficient and you need to extend it to protect all of your possessions both inside and outside of your room.
Living at Leighton Hall
Live at Leighton Hall and you can enjoy excellent student accommodation facilities as well as an enviable position. Close to some of the main University of Central Lancashire (UCLAN) buildings – including the Student's Union and library – you can roll out of bed and into lectures. Leighton Hall is also within walking distance of Preston city centre, so whether you're an undergraduate, postgraduate or International student you've got everything you need right on your doorstep.
Local pubs, clubs, restaurants and more... all voted by our students
At Leighton Hall you could not be better placed to spend your days as a student. There are many great bars, pubs and local interests on the door step. We've asked our students to share their favourite local hot spots and lets hear what they have to say:
- 53 degrees - Bar/Club (Brook St, Preston, PR1 7BQ. Tel: 01772 893000)
"Fabolous line up of bands and comedians!"
- Source - Student Union Bar (Tel: 01772 894854)
"Located at the heart of the Preston campus (Behind the UCLan library), Source is your Students' Union bar. Whether you're just popping in for a bite to eat in between lectures, getting together with a few of your course mates for a quick drink, or simply celebrating the very fact you are alive, you'll find Source is absolutely the best place to go."
- Ships and Giggles - Bar (3 Fylde Rd, Preston, Lancashire PR1. Tel: 01772 252992)
"Perfect beer garden!"
- Tesco - Supermarket (Friargate, Preston)
"Quick and close to Leighton Hall for those essential items."
- Sir Tom Finney Centre - Sports centre (Marsh Lane, Preston. Tel: 01772 895400)
"Just down the road from Leighton Hall – all new facilities and fantastic activities and classes run there."
- Student Union - (Fylde Road, Preston, PR1 2TQ. Tel: 01772 893000)
"Central hub for advice and guidance for students."
At Leighton Hall we welcome freshers with open arms.
Our team at Leighton Hall have all been a fresher and recognise how daunting being away from friends and family can be.
Well rest assured that at Leighton Hall, we are here to help you through those first few weeks. We are full of information; the quickest way to a lecture or the best priced coffee, just ask our team and we will be able to find the answer for you.
Why not contact us today and see how we can help you even before you arrive at Leighton Hall.